Apple Dumplings Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1/2 cup cold milk
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 6 medium apples, pared and cored
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 6 tbsp shortening
- 2 tsp cinnamon
1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt together.
2. Cut in shortening, add milk, and mix to a smooth dough.
3. Turn onto floured surface and divide into 6 portions.
4. Roll each portion large enough to cover 1 apple.
5. Place an apple on each piece of pastry.
6. Mix sugar and cinnamon together.
7. Spoon some of this mixture into each core cavity.
8. Moisten edges of pastry and bring up over the apple; seal edges.
9. Place on greased baking sheet or in shallow pan.
10. Bake at 350 F until apples are tender and pastry is lightly browned.
12. Remove from baking sheet.
13. Serve warm with milk or cream.