Apple Date Strudel Recipe
Instructions:1. Sift first 3 ingredients into bowl.
2. Add egg and 1/4 cup butter, melted.
3. Add 1/2 cup ice water.
4. Stir until blended, then knead to smooth ball on lightly floured board.
5. Cover with towel and let rest for at least 1/2 hour.
6. Saute crumbs in 2 tbsp butter until lightly toasted, add nuts and set aside.
7. Peel and core apples, cut into wedges, then into thin crosswise slices.
8. Mix with next 4 ingredients.
9. On lightly floured board, roll dough to a 24 x 16-inch rectangle.
10. Brush with 2 tbsp butter, melted.
11. Sprinkle with crumb mixture to within 1 inch of edges.
12. Spread evenly with apple mixture.
13. Roll from long side as for jelly roll and seal ends.
14. Shape into horseshoe and put seam down, on greased baking sheet.
15. Melt 1/4 cup butter and brush some on strudel.
16. Bake in 400 F for about 40 minutes.
17. Brush occasionally with remaining butter.
18. Serve warm in slices.