Apple Date Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
These moist, good-tasting muffins contain only 119 calories and 3 grams of fat per muffin.
- 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup wheat bran
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dates, chopped
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup apple, peeled, grated
1. In a large bowl combine the whole wheat and all purpose flours, bran, baking powder, baking soda and cinnamon.
2. Stir in the dates.
3. In another bowl, bea t the egg with sugar and oil until well mixed, then stir in the milk and ap ple.
4. Pour into the flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten, being car eful not to overmix.
5. Spoon into nonstick or paper-lined medium muffin tins, filling almost to the top.
6. Bake at 375 degrees (F) for about 20 minutes, or until firm to the touch.