Apple Danish Pastries Recipe
Instructions:1. Sprinkle dry yeast or crumbled cake into water.
2. Let stand a few minutes, then stir until dissolved.
3. Pour hot milk over 1/3 cup sugar, the salt and 1/3 cup butter.
4. Cool to lukewarm.
5. Add the yeast mixture.
6. Stir in the lemon extract and eggs.
7. Add the flour gradually.
9. Place the dough in a greased 9 x 13 x 2-inch pan.
10. Chill for 1 to 2 hours.
11. Turn the chilled dough out onto a floured surface.
12. Roll into a rectangle 16 x 12-inches.
13. Spread 1/3 cup butter or margarine over 2/3 of the dough.
14. Fold the unspread portion of the dough over half the covered portion.
15. Fold the 3rd section over the first.
16. Roll the dough to its original size, and repeat this process twice, using the remaining butter.
17. Return the dough to the refrigerator, and chill overnight.
18. Next day, divide the dough in half.
19. Roll each half into a rectangle 14 x 9 inches.
20. Cut into strips 14 x 3/4 inches.
21. Twist and form each strip into a spiral roll.
22. Put a few drained apple slices in center of each.
23. Sprinkle with the cinnamon mixed with 1/2 cup sugar.
25. Let rise in a warm place, free from draft, until doubled in bulk.
26. Bake in preheated 375 F oven for about 12 minutes.