Apple Crunch Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Apples are to be washed and cored. Shred the unpeeled apples for recipe.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into mixing bowl.
3. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until fine crumbs form.
4. Combine egg and milk.
5. Add to dry ingredients all at once, stirring just enough to moisten. 6. Stir in apples.
7. Spoon batter into paper-lined 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
8. Mix together topping ingredients in small bowl. Sprinkle over muffins.
9. Bake in 375 degree oven 25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Serve hot with butterand homemade jelly or jam.