Apple Crunch Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Shred the unpeeled apples for recipe.
2. Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon into mixing bowl.
3. Cut in shortening with pastry blender until fine crumbs form.
4. Combine egg and milk.
5. Add to dry ingredinets all at once, stirring just enough to moisten.
6. Stir in apples.
7. Spoon batter into paper-lined 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups, filling 2/3rds full.
8. To make Nut Crunch Topping, mix together brown sugar, chopped pecans and cinnamon in small bowl.
9. Bake in 375 degree oven 25 minutes or until golden brown.
10. Serve hot with butter and homemade jelly or jam.