Apple Cheddar Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup apple
- 1/2 cup pecans
- 1 apple
- 1 cinnamon sugar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 1/2 cup unbleached flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 3/4 cup oats
- 2/3 cup sharp Cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 butter
1. You should have 12 to 15 thin slices of unpeeled red apple for this recipe.
2. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
3. Cream the shortening and sugar together and add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a mixing bowl, mix lightly.
5. Gradually stir the flour mixture into the shortening mixture.
6. In this order, add the oats cheddar and pecans, mixing well after each addition.
7. Gradually add the milk, stirring until all the ingredients are just moistened.
8. Grease the muffin pans and fill each cup 2/3rds full of batter.
9. Dip the apple slices in the melted butter and then into the cinnamon-sugar.
10. Press 1 apple slice into the top of each muffin.
11. Sprinkle lightly with cinnamon-sugar and bake for 25 minutes in the preheated oven, or until golden brown.