Apple Bran Spice Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup applesauce, room temperature
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg white, whipped
- 1/2 cup buttermilk, room temperature
- 1/2 cup apples, chopped, grated
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/2 cup bran
- 1/4 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven at 350 F.
2. Prepare muffin tins with cooking spray and flour.
3. In a mixing bowl, combine honey, applesauce, vanilla, egg white, buttermilk and apples.
4. In another mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, bran, and raisins.
5. Mix wet ingredients with dry ingredients just until moistened.
6. Use an ice cream scoop to fill muffin tins two thirds full.
7. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes.