Apple Bran Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 24 muffins
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 cup whole bran cereal
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/3 cups sugar
- 2/3 cup raisins
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 beaten eggs
- 8 oz low-fat plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup applesauce
- 1/2 cup chopped, peeled apple
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans
1. In a small bowl stir together low-fat milk and bran cereal; let stand for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, raisins, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt.
3. Make well in center of flour mixture.
4. In another bowl combine the eggs, yogurt, applesauce, and milk mixture; add to flour mixture and stir just until moistened.
5. Fold in apple and pecans.
6. Grease 24 2 1/2-inch muffin cups.
7. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
8. Bake in a 400 F oven for 15 to 18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of a muffin comes out clean.
9. Serve muffins warm.