Apple and Green Tomato Chutney Recipe
Instructions:1. Wash, core and chop the apples; wash, blanch, peel and chop the apples and chop the onions.
2. Place apples, tomatoes and onions in a preserving kettle and add raisins, vinegar, sugar, salt, red pepper and curry powder.
3. Put the pickling spices in a cheesecloth bag and add to the kettle.
4. Boil, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes, or until apples are transparent.
5. Remove fruit with a slotted spoon.
6. Boil syrup rapidly until it thickens.
7. Discard pickling spices, return the fruit to the syrup and bring to a boil.
8. Remove from the heat and ladle into hot, sterilized jars and seal immediately.
9. Process in boiling water bath for 10 minutes.