Apple-Walnut Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cup flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup apple juice concentrate
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 medium apples
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Peel, seed, and finely chop apples.
3. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper liners; set aside.
4. Combine dry ingredients in medium bowl.
5. Combine and add eggs, apple juice concentrate, melted butter, and vanilla; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
6. Stir in apple and walnuts.
7. Spoon batter into prepared cups, filling each cup 3/4 full.
8. Bake 25 minutes, until golden brown.
9. Let stand in pan on wire rack 5 minutes.
10. Remove from pan.
11. Serve warm or at room temperature.
12. Cooled muffins may be wrapped securely and frozen up to 3 months.