Apple-Raisin Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 12 muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 1 cup chopped peeled apple
- 1/3 cup dark seedless raisins
1. Heat oven to 400F.
2. Coat 12 standard size muffin-pan cups with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl.
4. Make a well in center.
5. Stir together buttermilk, applesauce, egg whites and canola oil in a small bowl.
6. Pour buttermilk mixture into well of dry ingredients.
7. Stir just until evenly moistened.
8. Do not overmix.
9. Gently fold in apple and raisins.
10. Divide batter evenly among 12 muffin cups.
11. Bake in 400 oven for 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in centers of muffins comes out clean.
12. Turn muffins out on wire rack to cool.