Apple-Raisin Muffins Recipe
About 150 calories per muffin.
Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch exchange, 1 fruit exchange.
Instructions:1. To plump raisins: place in a small bowl and pour 1 cup boiling water over raisins. Let stand 15 minutes, then drain.
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
3. Prepare standard muffin tins with nonstick cookin g spray.
4. Combine dry ingredients in mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
5. In a small bowl, combine egg, oil, milk, and applesauce.
6. Slowly add to dry ing redients, mixing only until combined.
7. Fold in raisins.
8. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full.
9. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes until lightly browned.
10. Remove from oven and turn muffins out of tin onto cooling rack.
11. When cool, store muffins in refrigerator or freezer for future use.