Apple-Raisin Crumb Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 1 9 inch unbaked pastry shell
- 6 medium apples, pared and sliced
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 6 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pinch salt
- Crumb Topping:
- 1/2 cup self rising flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Sprinkle of nutmeg
- 1/3 cup butter
1. Fill unbaked pastry shell with apples and raisins mixed together.
2. Stir sugar and flour together and fold in cream, beaten egg, vanilla and salt.
3. You can substitute fresh cream, but sour is best.
4. Spoon cream mixture over apples and raisins.
5. Bake at 350~ for about 40 minutes, or until pie is golden brown.
6. Combine flour, sugars, cinnamon and nutmeg.
7. Blend in 1/3 cup butter until mixture is crumbly.
8. Spoon crumbs over top of pie and bake 15 minutes more, or until lightly browned.