Apple-Praline Pie Recipe
Instructions:1. Fit 1 piecrust into a 9-inch pieplate according to package directions.
2. Arrange apple slices in piecrust, and sprinkle with lemon rind.
3. Set aside.
4. Combine 1/3 cup corn syrup, 2 tablespoons butter, 3 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, and apple pie spice.
5. Pour over apple slices.
6. Combine remaining 3 tablespoons corn syrup, remaining 3 tablespoons butter, remaining 2 tablespoons flour, brown sugar, and pecans.
7. Spoon 1/3 cup mixture over apple slices.
8. Unfold remaining piecrust.
9. Cut 2 to 3 desired shapes from center, using a cookie cutter.
10. Reserve cutouts.
11. Place piecrust over filling; fold edges under, and crimp.
12. Brush cutouts with water, and attach to top of pie.
13. Place on a baking sheet.
14. Bake at 425ø for 25 minutes; remove from oven, and dollop with remaining brown sugar mixture.
15. Reduce heat to 350ø, and bake 10 more minutes.
16. Cool completely.