Apple-Phyllo Rolls Recipe - Printable Version Makes 30 cakes
- Butter flavored vegetable, cooking spray
- 2 cups apple, diced
- 12 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 tsp brown sugar
- 9 sheets commercial frozen phyllo pastry, thawed
- 3 tbsp powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp water
1. Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray; place over medium heat until hot.
2. Add diced apple; saute for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring often.
3. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and brown sugar; stir well, and cook an additional 3 minutes.
4. Remove from heat, and let cool.
5. Coat a flat surface with cooking spray; place 1 sheet of phyllo on surface. Keep remaining phyllo covered.
6. Coat phyllo with butter-flavored cooking spray.
7. Layer 2 more sheets phyllo on first sheet, coating each with cooking spray.
8. Cut vertically into 5 equal strips; cut strips in half to make 10 pieces.
9. Repeat process with remaining phyllo sheets, spraying each sheet with cooking spray.
10. Spoon 1 1/2 tsp apple mixture at base of each strip; roll up, jelly roll fashion.
11. Place, seam side down, on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
12. Bake at 375 F for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden.
13. Remove to wire rack to cool slightly.
14. Combine remaining ingredients in a small bowl; stir well.
15. Drizzle 1 1/2 tsp glaze over each roll.
16. Serve warm.