Apple-Orange Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6 to 8
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 tbsp flour, all-purpose
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg, ground
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 3 cup apples, cooking, thinly, sliced
- 1 pie shell, 9", unbaked
- Pastry strips
1. Combine sugar, flour, nutmeg, orange juice, and melted butter; mix thoroughly.
2. Put apples in unbaked pie shell; pour liquid mixture over apples, and arrange pastry strips in lattice fashion over top.
3. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes; reduce heat to 250 degrees and bake 35 to 40 minutes longer.