Apple-Oat Pancakes Recipe
Per Serving: 225 Calories; 6g Fat (26% calories from fat); 10g Protein; 32g Carbohydrate; 187mg Cholesterol; 160mg Sodium
Instructions:1. Mix together the rolled oats, flour, baking powder and cinnamon.
2. Beat in the eggs and the milk (or apple juice).
3. Add the grated apple. Mix well.
4. Spoon one-fourth of the mixture at a time onto a hot, lightly oiled skillet.
5. Using a spatula, spread the batter out to a thickness of about 1/3 of an inch.
6. Cook over medium-high heat until bubbles appear and the surface begins to dry out.
7. Turn over and cook until done.
8. Other variations: add some raisins, use 1/3 cup cooked brown rice instead of rolled oats, add nuts, or add strawberries or blueberries.