Apple-Cranberry Pie with Brown Sugar Topping Recipe
Data per serving: Calories 337, Protein 2g, Fat 11g, Carbohydrates 60g, Sodium 182mg, Saturated fat 4g, Monounsaturated fat 4g, Polyunsaturated fat 2g, Cholesterol 8mg.
Instructions:1. To prepare the pie: Spray a 9-inch pie pan with a nonstick cooking spray.
2. Prepare the pastry shell and fit into the pan.
3. Peel the apples, core and slice thinly.
4. Toss with the lemon juice.
5. Combine with the cranberries, flour, sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg.
6. Pile into the pastry shell.
7. To prepare the topping: Combine the brown sugar, flour, butter and cinnamon to form large crumbs.
8. Sprinkle over the top of the pie.
9. Place the pie on a baking sheet and bake in a preheated 350-degree oven 40 minutes, or until the crust is golden and the apples are tender.
10. Cool on a rack.
11. The pie can be served with sweetened whipped cream or ice cream.