Apple-Coconut Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 1 cup margarine
- 6 oz cream cheese
- 2 cup all purpose flour
- Dash salt
- 4 large firm apples
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 can flaked coconut (3 1/2oz)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp margarine
1. Mix margarine and cream cheese; cut in flour and salt with two knives or pastry blender.
3. Divide dough, roll half on a lightly floured board, and line a 9 or 10 inch pie pan with pastry.
4. Roll out remainder of dough for top crust and set aside. (Crust may be patted into pan rather than rolling it.
5. Peel and core apples; slice into prepared pie crust.
7. Mix sugar, flour, and salt and sprinkle over apples.
8. Cover with coconut, and sprinkle with vanilla.
9. Dot with margarine.
10. Fit top crust over pie and cut slits in top for escape of steam.
11. Bake at 400 for 10 minutes; reduce heat to 300 and cook for an additional 35 to 40 minutes.