Apple-Cinnamon Oat Pancakes Recipe - Printable Version Serves 5
- 1/2 cup Martha White whole wheat, flour
- 1/2 cup quick-cooking or old-fashion, oats
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
1. Stir together flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt in mixing bowl.
2. Beat egg in separate bowl; stir in milk, applesauce, and oil.
3. Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, stirring just until blended.
4. Fold in walnuts.
5. Pour batter onto heated (340) lightly greased skillet or griddle, using about 1/4 cup batter for each pancake.
6. Brown on one side.
7. Turn when tops are covered with bubbles and edges begin to look dry.
8. Brown on other side.