Apple-Cheese Danish "Pie" Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
155 calories per serving.
- 7 round milk lunch crackers
- 20 oz unsweetened presliced apples, undrained
- 4 tbsp sugar
- Sugar substitute, to equal 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp raisins
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 cup skim milk
1. Arrange crackers in an 8-inch nonstick cake pan, 6 in a circle and 1 in the center (crackers need not be touching).
2. Stir apples, sugar, sugar substitute, cinnamon, and raisins together and spoon over crackers.
3. In covered blender, beat cottage cheese, egg, and milk smooth.
4. Pour over apples.
5. Bake in a preheated 350 oven 1 hour.
6. Serve warm or chilled.