Apple-Carrot Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees Lightly oil 18 muffin cups or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Stir in carrots, apples and raisins.
4. In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, apple butter, oil and vanilla.
5. Add to the dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.
6. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
7. In a small bowl, combine walnuts and wheat germ; sprinkle over the muffin tops.
8. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed.