Apple-Carrot Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 15 muffins
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cupd grated peeled carrots
- 1 large tart green apple, peeled, cored, and grated
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds or walnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 3 eggs
- 2/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
1. Soak raisins in hot water to cover for 30 minutes. Drain thoroughly.
2. Preheat oven to 350 F. Generously grease fifteen 1/2-cup muffin cups or line with paper baking cups.
3. Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in bowl.
4. Stir in raisins, carrots, apple, nuts, and coconut.
5. Beat eggs with oil and vanilla to blend.
6. Stir into flour mixture until just combined.
7. Divide batter among muffin cups.
8. Bake until muffins are golden brown and tester inserted in centers comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes. Cool 5 minutes.
9. Remove from pan. Serve at room temperature.