Apple-Carrot Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray nine regular-sized muffin cups with vegetable cooking spray and set aside.
3. Cut the apple into quarters and remove the core.
4. Coarsely grate the apple and carrots, either by hand or with a food processor.
5. Combine with the lightly beaten egg whites, oil, applesauce, brown sugar and vanilla.
6. Sift together the flour, soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves and salt.
7. Stir into the moist ingredients.
8. Add the oatmeal, raisins and cereal.
9. Spoon in the prepared muffin tins, filling to the top.
10. Bake 30 minutes, until the muffins test clean.
11. Cool a few minutes in the pan before unmolding onto a cooling rack.