Apple-Banana Crunch Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 8
- 3 medium apples, cut in chunks
- 2 medium bananas, cut into chunks
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, soften
- 1 9" pastry shell, unbaked
1. Combine fruits and lemon juice; let stand 10 minutes.
2. Combine flour, sugar and spices; cut in butter till crumbly.
3. Arrange fruit in pastry shell.
4. Sprinkle with crumb mixture.
5. Bake at 400F for 35-40 minutes.
6. Cover top loosely with foil if crumb mixture browns too quickly.
7. Cut in wedges to serve.