Apple-Apricot Strudel Recipe
Instructions:1. Unfold 1 or 2 phyllo leaves, depending on the thickness you prefer.
2. Place leaves on a damp cloth to keep from drying up while you are working.
3. Heat butter in microwave oven for 30 seconds.
4. Paint the first leaf with melted butter.
5. Place the second leaf on top of the first and paint it with butter and sprinkle bread crumbs over it.
6. Mix fruits, sugars, nuts, lemon rind and juice.
7. Place half this mixture on edge of dough nearest you in one strip.
8. Roll like a jelly-roll.
9. Place first strudel roll in a buttered 9-inch baking dish.
10. Paint top lightly with melted butter, sugar and cinnamon.
11. Prepare the other two leaves the same with the remaining ingredients.
12. Bake each roll separately for 8 to 9 minutes, basting top once with butter.