Anne's Apple Crumb Pie Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 6 large apples
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp tapioca, instant
- 1 9-inch pie shell, baked
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- Crumb Topping:
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Peel, core, and slice the apples and place in a large bowl.
3. Add the sugar, cinnamon.
4. and tapioca and stir together until the apples are well coated.
5. Spoon the apple mixture into the pie shell.
6. Dot with butter or margarine and set aside.
7. For the crumb topping, place the flour, cinnamon, and sugar in a large bowl and cut in the butter with a pastry blender or two knives until the mixture has the texture of coarse cornmeal.
8. Sprinkle the crumb mixture on top of the apples.
9. Bake the pie for 40 to 45 mins.