Ann Cooper's Apple Pancakes with Maple Pecan Recipe
Nutritional Information per Serving: 280 calories, 19 g total fat, 23 g total carbohydrates, 4 g protein, 10% Vitamin A, 82 mg calcium.
Instructions:Maple Pecan Butter:
1. In small mixer bowl, beat butter on medium speed until light.
2. Add pecans; mix well.
3. Gradually beat in syrup.
4. Set aside while making pancakes.
5. In medium bowl lightly beat eggs with wire whisk.
6. Add buttermilk and melted butter and whisk until smooth.
7. Add dry ingredients and mix only until moistened.
8. Stir in apples.
9. Heat large non-stick griddle or skillet until hot.
10. Melt a little of the butter on griddle until bubbly but not brown.
11. For each pancake, spoon about 1/4 cup batter onto griddle.
12. Cook until bubbles form and edges are cooked.
13. Turn and cook until second side is golden.
14. Keep pancakes warm on platter in 200 degree oven while preparing remaining batter.
15. Serve warm with Maple Pecan Butter. Makes 16 to 18 (4-inch) pancakes.