Almond-Snow Fruit Boats Recipe
You can substitute any fresh seasonal fruit and combination of purple and green grapes and red and green apples
Instructions:1. Sprinkle bananas, apples and pears with fresh lemon juice.
2. Cut pineapples in half.
3. Using curved serrated knife, hollow out pineapple halves, leaving 1/2″ shell (reserve shells and all juice).
4. Discard core.
5. Cut pineapple into 1/4″ cubes.
6. Transfer to large bowl.
7. Add sliced fruit* and toss lightly.
8. Cover and refrigerate up to 2 hours.
9. To make the ice cream, blend cream, powdered sugar and extracts in large bowl.
10. Gradually fold in ice (or fresh clean snow) until mixture is consistency of ice cream.
11. Fold in nuts.
12. Add reserved pineapple juice to fruit.
13. Blend in orange juice and kirsch.
14. Spoon fruit into pineapple shells.
15. Top with ice cream.
16. Serve immediately.