French Breakfast Muffins Recipe
These are very light in texture. Great taste!
Instructions:1. Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease 15 medium muffin cups (2-3/4 in diameter).
3. Mix thoroughly shortening, 1/2 cup sugar, egg.
4. Stir in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg alternately with the milk.
5. Fill the muffin cups 2/3 full.
6. Bake 20-25 minutes.
7. Topping: Mix 3/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon.
8. Immediately after baking, roll puffs in melted butter, then in cinnamon-sugar mix.
9. Serve hot.