French Beignets Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 1 pk dry yeast
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 cup canned evaporated milk, do not substitute
- 3 3/4 cup flour
1. Dissolve yeast in warm water.
2. Add beaten egg, sugar, salt, oil and evaporated milk.
3. Pour all liquid into flour, and mix well.
4. Chill overnight.
5. Roll out next day on a well-floured board to 1/3-inch thick or more.
6. Cut into squares with a knife.
7. Fry in at least 2 inches of oil until brown on both sides.
8. Dust with powdered sugar.