English Muffins Recipe
Instructions:1. Combine the water, milk, sugar and salt.
3. Dissolve the yeast in the water for 10 min and add.
4. Sift and beat in 2 cups of flour.
5. Cover bowl with a damp towel and let the sponge rise for about 1 1/2 hours or until the sponge collapses.
6. Beat the butter in and knead in the remaining flour.
7. Let the dough rise again until it doubles.
8. Punch down and 1/2 fill the rings with dough.
9. Let rise until doubled again.
10. Cook until browned on a medium hot well buttered griddle, turning once.
11. Cool slightly on a rack and serve.