English Muffins Recipe - Printable Version Makes 18 muffins
- 1 1/2 cup milk, scalded
- 1/2 cake dry yeast
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 3 cups flour
- 1/8 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
1. Soften yeast in milk, add sugar and salt.
2. Add sufficient flour to make a drop batter.
3. Beat thoroughly.
4. Set in a warm place and allow to become light.
5. Add egg and baking soda.
6. Beat thoroughly.
7. Cook in muffin rings on hot griddle.
8. Cook slowly on one side, then turn to complete cookery. If muffin rings are not available the batter may be cooked on the griddle.
9. Serve with butter or butter substitute and sirup.