Eggnog Mousse Recipe
Instructions:1. Beat egg yolks and 1/2 cup sugar in stainless-steel bowl over hot water on top half of double boiler until they lighten in color and become fluffy, about 2 minutes.
2. Add gelatin that has been softened in rum and brandy to egg mixture and continue beating for another minute.
3. Remove mixture from heat and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
4. Meanwhile, whip cream, 1/2 cup sugar, nutmeg, and vanilla together.
5. Beat egg whites until they form firm peaks.
6. Fold whipped cream into chilled gelatin mixture, mixing thoroughly.
7. Carefully fold in egg whites.
8. Chill for 4 to 6 hours.
9. Garnish with crushed peppermint candies.