One Egg Omelette Recipe
Instructions:1. Place a 10-inch non-stick skillet containing the bacon fat over medium heat until the fat is sizzling hot, but not browned.
2. Meanwhile, separate the egg.
3. Place the white on a sturdy dinner plate and the yolk in a small bowl.
4. Beat the egg white with a pinch of salt on the plate, sing a flat wire whisk, until soft peaks form.
5. Add cold water to the egg yolk in the bowl.
6. Beat it vigorously with a fork.
7. Pour the beaten egg yolk over the beaten egg whites on the plate and fold the two together, sing the whisk.
8. Pour the egg mixture into the heated skillet containing the sizzling fat.
9. Cook the egg in one piece over medium heat, tilting the pan or lifting the edges of the egg to allow the uncooked egg to spread over the pan.
10. Do not over cook and turn the heat down if the skillet is holding too much heat.
11. Turn the egg once with a spatula.
12. Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
13. The omelette cooks very quickly, in a minute or so.
14. Serve at once.