Instructions:1. Beat the eggs with a fork; season with a pinch of salt and pepper and add any fresh herbs you would like to include. 2. Melt the butter in an omelette pan or a nonstick 7-inch pan with sloping sides.
3. Tilt the pan from side to side to coat the bottom with melted butter.
4. When butter is about to turn brown, add the eggs to the skillet.
5. Over high heat, stir the eggs with one hand while you shake the pan back and forth, up and down, with your other hand.
6. When the underside of the omelette begins to set, tilt to pan, after you lift the edge of omelette, so that any uncooked egg from the top will run under the cooked egg and set.
7. Run a line of the grated cheese down the middle of the omelette. 8. Hold the right top or side third of the omelette towards the center, then roll it over onto other third.
9. Grab the handle of the omelette pan with your right hand, and roll the omelette onto a plate.