Omelette Arnold Bennett Recipe
Instructions:1. Prepare the fish by poaching it lightly (5 minutes) and then breaking it up into nice large flakes.
2. Whip the cream and fold in the grated cheese.
3. Add the fish and set aside.
4. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan.
5. Add a knob of butter and let it melt.
6. When it has stopped frothing and is just beginning to go brown, slop in half the egg mixture and immediately return to the heat and stir the eggs two or three times; then with a fork draw the edges into the middle and allow the un-solidified egg to run onto the exposed pan.
7. While it is still a mixture of fluffy and runny, add the haddock and cream mixture.
8. Continue to cook until underside begins to turn golden brown.
9. Fold over and serve on a hot plate with bread and butter immediately.