Mexican Omelet with Chicken Recipe
Instructions:1. In a blender container, combine the 1/4 cup of water, tomato, oil, chili powder, and chicken bouillon granules.
2. Blend until very smooth.
3. Transfer to a small saucepan.
4. Cook, stirring constantly, until thick, about 5 minutes.
6. Stir in the chicken or turkey.
7. Season with a little salt and pepper.
8. Keep warm.
9. With a fork, beat the eggs with the second 1/4 cup of water, the salt and pepper, until well blended but not frothy.
10. In an 8-inch omelet pan heat 1 Tbls of the butter until it sizzles and browns slightly.
11. Tilt the pan to coat the bottom and sides.
12. Pour about 1/2 cup of the egg mixture, leaving the heat on medium-high.
13. As the egg sets, lift the edges to allow the uncooked portion on top to run under the cooked portion.
14. Continue until all of the egg is cooked.
15. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down the center of the omelet.
16. Fold the sides of the omelet up over the chicken mixture.
17. Tilt the omelet pan to roll the omelet over and out onto a hot plate.
18. Repeat with the remaining butter, egg mixture and chicken filling, three more times and serve hot.