Mackinac Island Omelet Recipe
Instructions:1. Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry.
2. Beat combined yolks, milk and salt until thick and lemon colored.
3. Fold into egg whites.
4. Melt butter in 10" ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
5. Add egg mixture cook 3 minutes or until underside is golden brown.
6. Bake at 325 degrees 10 to 12 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.
7. Remove from oven.
8. Make a deep crease across center of top.
9. Place cheese spread on half of omelet; continue baking until process cheese spread begins to melt.
10. Slip spatula underneath, dip skillet to loosen and gently fold in half.
11. Combine preserves and almonds; heat thoroughly, stirring occasionally.
12. Serve over omelet.