Lemon Omelet-Souffle Recipe
Instructions:1. In a 9"-wide ovenproof frying pan (attractive enough for serving) or in a cake pan, combine 3 tablespoons sugar, lemon and orange juices, and cornstarch; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, beat egg whites on high speed until foamy, then gradually beat in 6 tablespoons sugar until whites hold stiff peaks.
3. In another bowl, beat egg yolks until thick with remaining 2 tablespoons sugar, peel, and vanilla.
4. Fold yolks into whites.
5. Over high heat, stir citrus juice mixture until boiling.
6. Off the heat, spoon egg mixture in large dollops into the hot sauce.
7. Bake in a 350F oven until omelet-souffle is golden brown and jiggles only slightly in the center when gently shaken, 15-20 minutes.
8. Spoon sauce out with souffle; souffle center may be slightly creamy.
9. Offer sour cream to add to taste.