Kansas Omelet Recipe - Printable Version Serves 6
- 12 slices thick white toasting bread
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cup milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 lb flavorful ham, finely diced
- 2 cup grated white cheddar cheese
1. Butter a shallow 10 inch baking dish.
2. Remove the crust from the bread and cut the bread into fourths.
3. In a small bowl, whisk togethr the eggs and milk.
4. Add plenty of salt and pepper.
5. Put a third of the bread into the bottom of the baking dish, overlapping the squares.
6. Add half of the ham, then half of the cheese.
7. Continue layering in this way, ending with bread.
8. Ladle the egg mixutre onto the bread, letting it trickle down the sides of the pan.
9. Cover the dish tightly with plastic wrap.
10. Refrigerate it overnight or for as long as 2 days.
11. Set the oven to 400F.
12. Bake the omelet for 50-55 minutes or until it is browned and puffed.
13. Serve at once, using a large metal spoon.