Huevos-less Rancheros Recipe
Instructions:1. Preheat the oven to 400 deg.
2. To make the omelet, drain and crumble the tofu.
3. Place the tofu, soymilk, and salt into a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Stir in the green onion.
5. Lightly oil two 9-inch pie pans, preferably glass.
6. Divide the omelet mixture between the pans, smooth out the top with a spatula, and bake for about 35 minutes.
7. The edges will become brown, the top will become golden and the tofu will have the texture of an omelet.
8. When the omelets are cooked, loosen them from the pie pans with a sharp spatula and cut them in half.
9. Heat the oil in a large skillet.
10. Add all the ingredients and cook, covered, over medium heat for 5 minutes.
11. Uncover and cook another 5 minutes.
12. Place half of the omelet on each plate and cover with the Ranchero sauce.