Green Tomato Omelet with Basil Recipe
Instructions:1. Dredge the tomatoes in the cornmeal or flour.
2. Heat enough oil in a 10-inch non-stick pan to cover the surface.
3. Fry the tomatoes briefly on each side until they are lightly colored.
4. Don't let them get soft.
5. While the tomatoes are frying, lightly beat the eggs with the scallions and basil or lovage.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Pour them over the tomatoes.
8. Let the eggs sit for about a minute, then give the pan a shake to loosen the bottom.
9. Cook over medium-low heat until the eggs are nicely colored on the bottom, then slide the omelet onto a large plate.
10. Place the pan over the plate, invert it and return to the heat to cook the other side.
11. When done, turn the omelet out onto a serving plate and serve sliced in wedges and garnished with fresh sprigs of the herb you have used.