Eggs in Basic Roman Red Spaghetti Sauce Recipe - Printable Version Serves 2
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup onions
- 1/2 cup mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 can peeled tomatoes
- 1 dash salt and pepper
- 1/8 cup cream (optional)
- 4 eggs
1. Saute onion, mushrooms and garlic in oil.
2. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper.
3. Cook on simmer only 20 minutes.
4. For creamier sauce, add cream.
5. Sauce is complete.
6. For sauce with eggs, crack 2 eggs per person into sauce and let eggs poach.
7. Serve in red sauce with french bread.