Eggs Benedict Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup light cream
- 2 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Few grains cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard
- 17 oz can asparagus spears,drained
- 4 english muffins, split and, toasted conventionally
- 4 slices ham
- 4 poached eggs
1 In a 2 cup, non-metallic measuring cup melt butter in microwave oven for 30 seconds.
2. Add light cream, egg yolks, vinegar, salt, cayenne and mustard; stir to blend thoroughly.
3. Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven for 1 minute or until thickened. Stir frequently. Be careful not to overcook as sauce will curdle.
4. Beat sauce until light and fluffy. Set aside.
5. Place asparagus in a shallow, heat-resistant, non-metallic baking dish and heat, uncovered, in microwave oven for 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through.
6. Arrange toasted English muffin halves on a heat-resistant, non-metallic serving platter.
7. Place 1 slice of ham over 2 halves of the English muffin.
8. Divide asparagus among the 4 muffins.
9. Heat, uncovered, in microwave oven for 2 1/2 to 3 minutes or until muffins and ham are heated through.
10. Carefully place poached eggs on asparagus.
11. Top with reserved sauce and heat, uncovered, in microwave oven for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until hot.