Bacon and Cheese Puff Recipe
The recipe can be halved and baked in an 8-inch square pan for about 40 minutes.
Instructions:1. Cook bacon until crisp; remove from pan, drain and crumble.
2. In bacon drippings cook onions until soft.
3. Arrange half the bread slices in a single layer in bottom of greased 9 x 13 pan or casserole.
4. Sprinkle with half the crumbled bacon, onions and cheese.
5. Combine remaining ingredients; pour over top layer in pan (May be prepared to this stage in advance and stored in refrigerator until an hour before serving time).
6. Bake at 375 degrees until mixture is set and top is puffed and golden, about 50 minutes.