Apple-Cheddar Omelet Recipe - Printable Version Serves 4
- 4 slice bacon, chopped
- 1 can cheddar cheese soup
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk, whole
- 1 small apple, peeled, chopped
- 1 cup (4 oz) cheddar cheese shredded
- 1/8 tsp black pepper, ground
1. Microwave or fry bacon until crisp, drain, reserve drippings.
2. Stir 1/2 cup of soup in bowl until smooth, add eggs; beat until well blended, set aside.
3. In casserole, stir remaining soup until smooth, stir in apple, milk, cheese and pepper.
4. Cover, micro-cook 4 minutes on high until hot and bubbling. Stir once.
6. Let stand, covered, while preparing omelets.
7. Brush 1 teaspoon bacon drippings in bottom of pie plate.
8. Pour in 1/2 egg mixture.
9. Cover, micro-cook 2 minutes on high.
10. Using spatula, gently move outer edge to center, letting uncooked portion move to edge.
11. Micro-cook 2 minutes on high or until set.
12. Fold in half, slide on plate.
13. Repeat with bacon drippings and remaining egg mixture.
14. Spoon sauce over each omelet, sprinkle with bacon.