Angel Pie Recipe
1. Beat egg whites until foamy.
2. Add Cream of Tartar then beat until the whites stand in peaks.
3. Add sugar a little at a time, beating well after.
4. Beat for a minute or two after adding all the sugar.
5. Butter and flour pyrex pie plate.
6. Spread the meringue in the plate.
7. Bake 1 hour 10-15 minutes in a 275 degree oven, then raise temp to 300 degrees and bake for additional 20 minutes.
Filling 8. Beat egg yolks well.
9. Add sugar, juice and rind.
10. Cook in double boiler until thickened.
12. Whip 3/4 cup of whipping cream and sweeten with 2 tbsp powdered sugar.
13. Cover meringue with half of cream then lemon filling and then the rest of the cream.
14. Leave in refrigerator overnight.