Easy Italian Cookies Recipe
1. Cream butter and sugar, add eggs and flavoring.
2. Mix well.
3. Blend in flour and baking powder.
4. Work to form a soft pliable dough.
5. Cut off pieces of dough, the size of a walnut, roll to about 1/2-inch thickness, then shape into a curved 'S' shape about 2 1/2 inches long or a straight 2 1/2-inch pencil shape.
6. Bake in preheated 375 F oven until lightly brown, about 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Cookies may be iced or left plain.
1. Blend sugar and anise extract, adding milk slowly to form a soft, smooth icing.
2. Ice cookies while warm, sprinkle confetti on top if desired.